Get to know more about robotic process automation tools and beyond.
Repetition No More
Dealing with mundane, repetitive, and tedious tasks every day is somehow frustrating. In fact, it takes away a measure of productivity from a person. Because of this, employees who often get the same nature of tasks over and over again are more prone to error.
However, with automation, repetitive tasks are nothing to be worried about. Today, a lot of RPA Software is available in the market.
So tedious, repetitive, and rule-based tasks are now tasked to bots. By doing so, employees can be more productive doing the things that fit them and their nature. Thus, making use of RPA Software can boost employee productivity. Not to mention how it can lessen error in outputs with more accuracy and speed in execution.
What Are Robotic Process Automation Tools?
Robotic process automation tools or RPA is the use of software in automating tasks. As mentioned, tasks that are opted for automation are tasks that are rule-based, repetitive, and time-consuming.
With this said, RPA is a huge time-saver while maximizing human resources to its best extent.
Moreover, an RPA system commonly has three (3) major features. Namely, platform independence, scalability, and intelligence.
These three features should enable RPA systems to be:
- Helpful in decision making
- A good interface for bot programming
- Able to communicate with other systems. It could be either through API integration or screen scraping.
Do you need to have programming skills to make use of RPA tools?
The most direct answer is, no.
Although having programming skills is an edge. But it is not mandatory nor very important. For instance, even small and medium-sized entities can make use of RPA tools. RPA tools today are designed with a simple user interface, for instance. This takes away the complexity of automation. While at the same time, it eases the weight of the human workforce through the use of software bots.
What are the three types of automation?
There are three given types of automation. Namely, attended, unattended, and hybrid automation. What are these?
- Attended automation. RPA tools that require human intervention through the automation processes. So monitoring is vital throughout the automation.
- Unattended automation. This is unlikely with attended automation. Unattended automation can work even without human intervention. Why? Because these tools are equipped with intelligent and decision-making capabilities.
- Hybrid automation. If you are looking for a combined automation tool, hybrid automation is for you. This type of automation can do both attended and unattended automation functions, for instance.
However, the type of automation should depend on the type of process or task you want to automate. So basically, in any way or another, all these automation types are useful. It all depends on the nature of work it is supposed to work with.
What types of industries make use of robotic process automation tools?
- Healthcare industries
- Insurance companies
- Manufacturing industries
- Retail industries
- Banking and finance