Have you also asked why automation testing is better than manual? How and what are the advantages of automation testing over manual testing?
I have listed below some points which will help you to decide.
In the last decade, manual testing has been used to carry out testing. But a new trend has been witnessed that has made a shift towards automation testing.
This shift is mainly due to the following reasons:
1) Automation Testing is less time-consuming.
2) Manual testers have to be trained to perform automation testing.
3) Automation testing requires less effort and time.
4) Manual testers sometimes make mistakes while carrying out automation testing.
5) Maintaining a record of test cases manually is difficult. Whereas in automation testing, this is possible through test management tools.
6) Manual testers can’t be easily deployed from one project to another project. Whereas a good automation tester can be deployed from one project to another project without any problem or difficulty.
7) It saves cost and makes the business more effective.
Why Automation Testing Is Better Than Manual? – Advantages
As mentioned above, there are many advantages of automating the tests than manual testing such as:
1) Automation Testing is time-saving.
Manual testing takes more time than automated testing. In manual testing, testers have to do lots of repetitive tasks such as installing software, finding defects, and so on. These tasks take more time than automation testing because it can be performed easily and quickly by using an automation tool and hence saves lots of development time and cost also.
2) Automation Testing requires less effort.
Manual testers have to do lots of repetitive tasks such as installing software, finding defects and so on which require more effort than automation testing because it can be performed easily and quickly by using an automation tool and hence saves lots of development time and cost also.
3) Automation Testing is easily scalable.
Manual testers have to be trained to perform automated testing whereas an automation tester doesn’t need any training or experience to perform test case execution because his job is only to write the scripts and execute them.
4) Automation Testing can be reused.
Manual testers can’t reuse their test scripts due to a lack of understanding whereas in the case of automation tools test cases can be reused by using different parameter values which save lots of effort, time, and money in the long run.
5) Automation Testing is error-resistant.
Automation testing is less error-prone. Also, automation testing is performed according to the test cases and it eliminates the chances of human errors.
6) Automation Testing can be automated.
Manual testing is carried out by manual testers whereas automated testing is carried out by automation testers.
As discussed above, there are lots of advantages of automation testing over manual testing. Hence, if you are planning to start your project, you should opt for automated testing rather than manual testing. Also, if you already have a project in hand, you should automate your tests so that you can get the following advantages:
– Less time-consuming.
– Require less effort.
– Automated testing is easily scalable.
– Automated tests can be reused.
– Automated testing can be automated.